4-H Online Enrollment
For families with an existing 4HOnline account, review and update information through the 2020 Re-Enrollment Process.
Hi 4-H Family,
4-HOnline is…The OFFICIAL North Carolina 4-H Youth Development Program database for enrolled 4-H members and volunteers. This system works as a partnership between the 4-H family and the Cooperative Extension Office to manage the 4-H enrollment process and distribute important information to you. By allowing you access you can update your club and project information as well as personal information (email, home address, and phone). This will ensure that you are properly enrolled in the county program and receive important news and updates such as newsletters, deadline information, and leadership opportunities.
Who Needs to Enroll in 4HOnline?
All active North Carolina youth members and volunteers.
What Do I Need to Enroll?
To enroll through the 4HOnline system, you need a computer or tablet, Internet access, a valid email address, and a web browser. Suggested web browsers are: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. *Internet Explorer is not compatible with the 4HOnline website.
Where Do I Enroll?
Enrolling is simple the website: 4HOnline
Follow the steps / prompts given on each page (anything in bold or with a red asterisk is required). Here’s a PDF that will walk you through the general enrollment steps. So, feel free to log-on now and enroll. – OR – If you’d like more information before proceeding into the 4HOnline System…keep reading.
More About 4HOnline & Security
4HOnline is a data management and enrollment system that is currently being used in 46 states. 4HOline is a secured database that is in compliance with the PCI Security Standards Council. The North Carolina 4-H Youth Development Program, NC State University, and the 4HOnline program developers have worked together to monitor and ensure that the system provides the highest level of protection for information stored in the program. North Carolina 4-H, NC State University, and 4HOnline do not share or sell any personal information to third party vendors without your knowledge or permission.
Are There Any New Enrollment Requirements?
The 4HOnline system captures “basically” the same information that we have collected historically (via paper forms) but there are a few new changes. Most notable are a few changes within our medical / health form and profile record.
- Youth Members: Families creating youth member profiles will be asked to select the youth’s school district and school. *Youth members who are home schooled have the ability to enter the name of their homeschool group and denote “homeschool” from the drop-down menu.
- Youth Members & Volunteers: Both youth member and volunteer Health Forms contain questions about general health issues and dietary restrictions.
- Volunteers: 4-H Volunteers are now required to complete a standardized Health Form. This is a new state requirement that aligns with best practices within the 4-H program nationwide. 4-H Volunteers complete a component of their Volunteer Application through the 4HOnline system (reason for volunteering, employment history, etc.) HOWEVER, this system is NOT used to run *background checks. Please Note: All 4-H volunteers who work directly with youth in any unsupervised capacity (i.e. club leaders, chaperones, etc.) are required to complete and pass background check and have a current Volunteer Application on file with their 4-H office.
Creating A New Family Profile
All active North Carolina 4-H youth members and volunteers should establish a new family profile with the 4HOnline system. When you set up your family profile you will need to complete the following required fields:
- Denote if you belong to or are affiliated with the Military 4-H Club, Select your Primary *County of Participation, Email, Name, and you will need to create an Account Password. *Youth members who participate in more than one 4-H program can have additional counties added once their family profile is established.
- Once you’ve created your Family Profile you will have the option to “Add A New Family Member” via the drop-down box: Select “Youth” and / or ADD “Adult”.
- Youth: Denotes “Youth Members,” ages 5-18, who want to join North Carolina 4-H. *Within their individual Youth Profile – a youth can denote if they serve as a volunteer.
- Adult: Denotes “4-H Volunteers.” Please Note: Adult profiles in the 4HOnline system are for “4-H Volunteers.” – An adult profile should NOT be established for a parent or guardian.
- NC 4-H recognizes that we have active youth volunteers who themselves are NOT members of 4-H. *Youth volunteers who are NOT members of 4-H should select “Adult” from the “Add A New Family Member” drop-down box and complete the application.
What Happens If I Start A Family Profile And Don’t Complete It?
Once a Family Profile has been created and a “New Family Member” (Youth or Adult) has been added, that individual information will be auto-saved. If the profile is exited and or Internet connection is lost, you should be able to log back into the system and restart from where you left off. Please Note: Family member profiles are denoted in the 4HOnline system, and visible on your Family Profile page, as either Incomplete, Pending, or Active. *Your 4-H Agent will contact you directly if you have an incomplete profile.
- When you “submit” a youth or adult profile the information is sent directly to your local 4-H Agent for review and approval. Once your profile has been reviewed and your local 4-H Agent approves it within the system, you should receive an email notification (sent to the Family email address established during the account set-up).
Spanish Enrollment Documents
Spanish language enrollment in 4HOnline is not available at this time. Please use this link to download Spanish language enrollment documents.
4HOnline is a web-based system used to enroll youth members and adult volunteers in the North Carolina 4-H Youth development Program. 4HOnline is designed so that each family member has an online family profile and every youth an d volunteer has an individual profile under their family profile. 4HOnline is a fully integrated management system that brings together all levels of the 4-H experience. Whether it’s a member logging in to manage his or her record, a club leader printing mailing labels, or a county agent approving a member’s enrollment, 4-HOnline brings the 4-H community together and keeps everyone involved. To access 4HOnline use this link: 4HOnline