Flood Damage Relief to Be Available

— Written By Vonda Vaughn
en Español / em Português

El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.

Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.


Inglês é o idioma de controle desta página. Na medida que haja algum conflito entre o texto original em Inglês e a tradução, o Inglês prevalece.

Ao clicar no link de tradução, um serviço gratuito de tradução será ativado para converter a página para o Português. Como em qualquer tradução pela internet, a conversão não é sensivel ao contexto e pode não ocorrer a tradução para o significado orginal. O serviço de Extensão da Carolina do Norte (NC State Extension) não garante a exatidão do texto traduzido. Por favor, observe que algumas funções ou serviços podem não funcionar como esperado após a tradução.


English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.

Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.

Collapse ▲
2021 Flood Damage
Has Your Farm Suffered Flood Damage?
Please contact our Extension Center (828.688.4811) as well as the FSA office (828.765.5049) with details about damage to your farm due to flooding. Let us know if there are significant damages to livestock, crops, shelters, storage, etc. We’ll need your name, contact information, specific location (address or at least road name) and photos! The more documentation – the better!
To report to FSA, please do the following:

  • If you have crop/cropland damage, take pictures of all damages and call the FSA Office (828.765.5049) immediately.
  • Provide your name and number when contacting the FSA office.
  • DO NOT begin repairs before documenting the damage with FSA.
  • FSA cannot repair culverts or farm roads.
  • FSA cannot work directly in streams, creeks or rivers. If approved for ECP (Emergency Conservation Program) in a county, FSA can cost-share work from the top of the streambank back into the fields for debris removal or reshaping of land. ECP – if approved – is used to restore land to its pre-disaster condition.
  • Pictures are vital to documentation of losses. Please take many photos of any damaged land and crops and drowned animals. Photos should be dated electronically by the camera or phone used in taking the pictures.
  • Livestock losses should be reported to FSA. Pictures are needed as well as pre-disaster inventories. Third-party verification of losses may be requested also.
  • This is something new in the last two years: It is also important for producers to provide evidence that the disaster occurred such as in rainfall data charts, weather reports printed from a weather website, news articles etc. The burden of proof is on the producer and auditors and program provisions require supporting evidence. Such evidence should be easy to obtain given the widespread nature of this weather event.