4-H Online Programs
We’re expanding our online programs!
All Mitchell County 4-H programs (clubs, workshops, etc.) will not meet in person through the end of the summer. We have a dynamic set of volunteer and youth leaders in our program, and they have the opportunity to set a calm and innovative example for our community in the coming months. Please stay tuned for continued updates as we monitor CDC, Mitchell County, and N.C. Cooperative Extension recommendations.
Zoom web-conferencing and other online options are seen as first-choice prior to canceling meetings and events. However, we understand this may not be a good option for all families. Contact 4-H Youth Development Agent Kaley Lawing at (336) 302-8781 for offline activity options.
Next, with school closures across North Carolina through May 15, 2020, 4-H would like to offer a variety of program options for our members and other youth in the community.
Coming Up Online
- North Carolina 4-H Daily Spark: schedules are posted the Friday before each week, starting with spark sessions on March 23 (Facebook Live)
At-Home Activities With 4-H
- All 4-H members can pick a presentation topic and prepare for County Activity Day.
- Update your project records, or start one for 2020, if you haven’t already.
- Work through the 4-H Healthy Living Activity Guide.
Other 4-H Programs
- Activities with Kentucky 4-H: Facebook and Instagram
- Nebraska 4-H Virtual and At-Home Learning: biweekly “Living Room Learning” and “Boredom Busters Challenge” activities, as well as a Equine Webinar series and a self-directed Cat Club – view schedule/details
- Texas 4-H Virtual Experiences: at 11 a.m. EST – see schedule below with dates and topics (Facebook live)
Travel the world and beyond!
- Meet animals at the zoo
- Explore the surface of Mars
- See amazing art at the Louvre in Paris, France
- Tour the British Museum “Museum of the World”
- View exhibits at the National Gallery of Art, Washington DC
- See Yellowstone and Yosemite National Parks
- Virtually hike the Great Wall of China
- Use Google Earth to tour Hawaii landmarks
This page will be updated periodically with any online events to be added.